Sunday, August 11, 2013

Seventh grade plans

I have loved reading the "Not Back to School" blog hop over the last week. In fact, that's one of the things that inspired me to get back to blogging. I'm a little late with my entries, but I'll link up if there's still time.

Without further ado, here are the plans for Z-Man's seventh grade year:



Bible:
TruthQuest Beginnings (which goes through the OT)
Because You Are Strong Bible Study from Doorposts - this is a wonderful resource that he will work on in the mornings with Dad.

Character:
Laying Down the Rails for Children - another wonderful resource! Can't wait to start using it.

Language Arts:
Understanding Writing - this is new to us this year. I really like the fact that it emphasizes the fact that any communication we do is for the purpose of honoring God. I also liked that I could use it for both kids, each on their own level. I'll let you know how it works out.
Growing with Grammar - A nice daily workbook that gets the job done.
Phonetic Zoo Spelling - this is an audio CD from IEW. Z-Man can do it independently with his cool red headphones while I work with Little Man.

Math:
A combination of Saxon and the Key to Decimals and Key to Percents books. We worked through the Key to Fractions books last year and they really promote mastery of the material. They did put us a little behind in the Saxon schedule though, so this year we'll try to alternate between the two.

History:
TruthQuest Beginnings
TruthQuest Ancient Greece - We LOVE TruthQuest! We've read so many wonderful books. Definitely the highlight of our day. For the most part, this covers all of our family read-alouds as well as both boys' individual reading.

Science:
Apologia General Science

Other:
Abeka Health
Download N Go Composer study
French in 10 Minutes a Day
Creating a Masterpiece DVDs
Mapping and timeline to go along with our history studies
Basketball and flag football leagues, gym at co-op

And there you have it. I think it will be a great year!


No comments:

Post a Comment